cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardcode part of the email sender name

Hardcode part of the email sender name

Hi,
In the configuration of M1 an admin user can set up the email sender names together with a mail address. Is there a way to hard-code a string that is added to the sender name so that the receiver of the mail sees the sender name given by the admin + the string that is hardcoded? The hardcoded part doesn't neccessarily need to be vissible in the system configuration.

Thanks for your answers in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hardcode part of the email sender name

@scheibnerNot sure if understood completely. You can set something like below in your configuration for the same. If this is what you do not want then to add some string you would have to customize your Magento code.

image.png

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thanks for your reply. Your screenshot shows that you understood correctly with the exception that the hardcoded string shouldn't be editable and even doesn't need the show up in the configuration. Important is that the receiver of the mail sees it all together. Which file do I need to edit and how do I need to change the code to make it work.

Thanks again and rgds
Uwe

@scheibner 

I believe you can override the below file to achieve what you want.

\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Email.php

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thanks again. Can you also tell me which code I have to insert at which place in this file to add the string?

Thx
Uwe