cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I hide or remove disabled magento products on google search?

How can I hide or remove disabled magento products on google search?

Magento disabled products are showing in google search results. When user clicks any of links, shows 404 error page. users should not see disabled products link on google search. How can I remove these links from Google search?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I hide or remove disabled magento products on google search?

Hi @akstheway,

I guess the reason for that is that those products where indexed when they were visible in your catalog in the storefront.

Were those products visible before?

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

we have 500 to 1000 products which were visible before but we need to modify data of those products after that we will enable them.

Hello @akstheway

If you are going to re-enable the disabled products in the nearest future, there is no need to de-index them in Google. However, you should know that changing you product pages in such a way (disabling and enabling them some time later) is not beneficial for SEO, and Google may lower ranking of such URLs.

However, if you want to disable the products completely and remove them from Google index, you can do it via Google Search Console or just 301 redirect the old pages to the relevant URLs on your site (the latter is preferred).

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

This is a very normal issue with ecommerce sites, where products get removed, replaced, out  of stock etc.

If that product will never be offered in future, then show this message on that page or return 404. This will auto de-index it soon

In case you will offer same product in future, then show a custom message that currently this product is not available.

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service