cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up the price rule buy x get y free for a specific product?

SOLVED

How do I set up the price rule buy x get y free for a specific product?

Hi there

I would like to set up a price rule whereby the customer buys 100 of  X and gets 10 free.

My understanding of the shopping cart price rule is that by default the buy x get y free applies to the same product, which should be fine in my case. However I cannot find in the conditions where to define SKU? The options which I see are only for attribute sets or categories? Can I define for a specific SKU?

The version of Magento I'm using is 1.9.0.1

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I set up the price rule buy x get y free for a specific product?

Hello.

Define to which products (their SKUs) to apply shopping cart price rules you can in tab 'Actions' -> Section "Apply the rules ony to the cart items matching the following consitions" -

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello.

Define to which products (their SKUs) to apply shopping cart price rules you can in tab 'Actions' -> Section "Apply the rules ony to the cart items matching the following consitions" -

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Thank you for your reply

My problem was I couldn't see SKU in the menu you have highlighted above.

After taking a look at SKU in My Attributes 'Use in Promo Code' was set to No. So I've set that to Yes and it is working now.

Thanks very much and I hope this helps someone else.