cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set up and load manufacturers' barcode to simple products, so I can scan on iPad ebizPOS

SOLVED

How do i set up and load manufacturers' barcode to simple products, so I can scan on iPad ebizPOS

With new website running from Magento, I have got Ebizpos (on an iPad) to f/end our brick shop. Somehow I need to add barcode attribute to each product, so I can scan an item to cart/checkout in pos. I think I can use the camera in the iPad (initially, then buy real barcode scanner if trial works) to scan code but probably need a barcode scan app and then need to set up a suitable field in manage products. if so, how to set up an attribute to take this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i set up and load manufacturers' barcode to simple products, so I can scan on iPad ebizPO

This extension should get you covered: 
http://www.magecloud.net/marketplace/extension/mobileadmin-4/

One of the main features: 

• Define a attribute for your barcode number and assign to your products.

Is this what you're looking for? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do i set up and load manufacturers' barcode to simple products, so I can scan on iPad ebizPO

This extension should get you covered: 
http://www.magecloud.net/marketplace/extension/mobileadmin-4/

One of the main features: 

• Define a attribute for your barcode number and assign to your products.

Is this what you're looking for? 

Great so far on sales side: an attribute has been defined as barcode, which I have loaded some (manually) with barcodes and they work all way thru' to ebiz POS and bluetooth barcode scanner picks them and auto displays in POS cart.

However, on loading new items onto iPAD Magento I cannot create a link between barcode scanner and the attribute field. If i hover over barcode attribute and scan new barcode nothing happens (I had hoped).

So its put in barcode manually, unless anybody has a way of  linking Magento to barcode scanner?

With hel pof our Magento developer we have iodentofied the scanner needed setting in HID mode and acting as 3rd party keyboard the scanner put barcodes into relevent attribute field.