cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Dynamic Tax Class Assignment for Configurable Products in Magento 2.4.2

How to Dynamic Tax Class Assignment for Configurable Products in Magento 2.4.2

Hello Magento Community,

I'm currently running into a challenge with my Magento 2.4.2 store selling eyeglasses and utilizing the Itoris Dynamic Product Options extension version 2.8.1.
My main products are configurable - customers can select frames as non-prescription items and then add prescription lenses as an option, which should alter the tax class due to different tax requirements.

I understand that the latest version of the Itoris extension allows converting custom options into separate cart items, but unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is no longer supported, leaving me without the option for future updates or support.

Here's my specific issue:

• All the simple products associated with the frames are set as non-prescription, which fall under one tax class.
  • When a customer adds prescription lenses (through Itoris' custom options), it should ideally change the entire product's tax class to match that of prescription lenses, which is taxed differently.
  • I need the tax class to dynamically change based on whether the customer opts for non-prescription or prescription lenses at the point of adding the product to their cart.

I'm seeking advice or solutions on how best to address this within the constraints of Magento 2.4.2 and Itoris Dynamic Product Options 2.8.1. Has anyone faced a similar issue or does anyone have recommendations for plugins or approaches that could solve this dynamic tax class assignment problem?

I'm open to  alternative plugins, or any workaround that complies with tax regulations while providing a seamless customer experience.

Thank you in advance for any insight or assistance!

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to Dynamic Tax Class Assignment for Configurable Products in Magento 2.4.2

You'll need some custom code to solve this. You should really have a professional Magento dev on call for things like these.

Founder at https://agency418.com