cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a product where the customer can choose a set number of items, mix and match?

How to create a product where the customer can choose a set number of items, mix and match?

Hello,

I am trying to create a product where the customer can choose 6 items(simple products) for a set price. For example, a set of 6 shirts for $5 where the customer can choose the colors(each color shirt is a simple product).  I have tried grouped, configurable, and bundle, but those product types do not do what I need.  I can also have a set of 12 shirts and the customer can choose all black, or one of each color...

I understand this maybe not possible "out of the box" and that I may need an extension.  I am new to Magento and trying my best to learn.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to create a product where the customer can choose a set number of items, mix and match?

Welcome to the forum, @ladra

You're right - this isn't something Magento's product types are going to do out of the box. However, I'm thinking you might be able to achieve it with creative use of Magento's shopping cart price rules. Basically, you could setup a rule that if, say, 6 products matching a given criteria are found, the user gets a discount that is sufficient to make the price $5. That would allow people to buy a single shirt at full price, and then get the discount when they buy 6. 

--Joshua Warren - @JoshuaSWarren on Twitter
CEO, Creatuity