cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing WordPress AND Magento on the same server

SOLVED

Installing WordPress AND Magento on the same server

I have installed WordPress on my server a few years back. Now, I would like to install Magento (so I can test out the functionality of it). I would like to install it in a different folder from my WordPress folder. Could this cause any issues for WordPress and my current website?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing WordPress AND Magento on the same server

Hi @mades3,

If you install both on separated directories and separated databases you souldn't get any kind of trouble.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @mades3,

If you install both on separated directories and separated databases you souldn't get any kind of trouble.

I thought as much Smiley Happy Thanks for confirming this!

Hello @mades3 

You should not have any problems if you install both on separate folders and databases.

When your ecommerce business has minimal information, it's difficult to attract customers. Because merely selling things is not enough to attract customer loyalty, product descriptions, reviews, and content pieces are critical in assisting your customers in deciding what to buy.

I hope it is of benefit to you!

Hello,

You can install both on separated directories and databases. This won't cause any issues. Install Magento in a new folder and create a new database as Magento requires lots of resources, 

Either use your domain name as the main eCommerce and set up WordPress as a directory

like this - domain-name.com/blog

if it's a blog or something, or you can set up an alias that points to the folder and have something like this - store.domain-name.com