cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid login or password.

Invalid login or password.

When I try to log in the Magento home page, all is working, but when I try to log in with the same e-mail adress and password in the domain where Magento is hosted, apperars a massage that's: invalid login or password.

How to enter the areas of frontend and backend, what datas are required? those are the same required from the Magento's home page or are different?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Invalid login or password.

HI,

Magento has two login types. Its customer account login and admin login. The two of them have separated accounts.

Customer can register at the site (if it allowed) and administator users should be added in the admin  at System->Permissions->Users

Thecustomer acount login should give you ability to use it everywhere at the frontend pages. For backend you will need magento account with administrative privilege. You can also restrict access to admin areas sing Account Roles

Thanks

Re: Invalid login or password.

thanks

I understand that there are two kinds of accounts, customer and "administrative", to log in at the frontend pages is required the customer account information, and for the backend pages is required the "adminitrative" account. One of the problems I have found is that It was not possible log in as frontend page where Magento Is hosted (my site), while was possible to log in as frontend page from the main page of Magento (magento home page).

further more is possible that I'm finding problems becouse I didn't registered well, the doubt is that there are differences between the "community edition" and the "enterprise demo edition", so all I must do is registering for the "enterprise demo edition" to get the chance of setting administrator data? Is "community edition"  the same of "enterprise demo edition"?

thanks