cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Is Magento the right platform for this project? πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Thanks in Advance

Is Magento the right platform for this project? πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Thanks in Advance

Hello Magento community.

I'm kindly seeking some thoughts about a project I'm about to start developing. I've currently only spoken to one developer and I'm not too convinced it's the best option, so i thought I'd reach out to a wider community to hopefully get some advice and clarity on which could be the best route.

I'm developing an e-commerce platform that will sell large commercial catering equipment, offer installation of the equipment purchased, a quick clickable survey to validate the install and a booking platform where customers can choose a prefered time and date (with different price options) and I'm torn between a few options.

The main requirements for this platform are the following (pictures illustrating these at the end):

- Semantic search with images that displays specific data attached to certain products

- A smart filter to help customers quickly choose appropriate products (alongside other traditional search routes) 

- Clickable installation options to add for certain products before the checkout stage (that have different pricing options)

- An in-between basket and checkout survey to determine whether the product can be installed 

- A booking calendar that talks/syncs to a back end calendar and is attached to the purchase

- Bank transfer and credit card options for payment 

Platforms such as Square Space, Wix & Shopify don't seem to offer the customisation needed to pull this off.  As far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong) there are two main options, using a platform such as Magento 2 with plugins or a complete bespoke build with a PHP developer and front end web developer. 

My questions are:

1) Could the design and flow I've designed be built using Magento 2 (see images) and is this a good option?

2) Would it be a better option to build something bespoke from scratch with a backend & front end or full stack developer, what kind of timeframe difference are we looking at for this type of build for max 2 developers compared to a Magento build?

4) Are there any other viable options I'm unaware of?

I'm aware of the different cost elements so let's park this for the moment and base it just on the development, design and future proofing point of view. I'm new to the development world so if anything needs clarifying please let me know.

Thank you in advance for any help, it's greatly appreciated!

Semantic SearchSemantic Search

Smart FilterSmart Filter

Quick SurveyQuick SurveyClickable Install OptionsClickable Install Options

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is Magento the right platform for this project? πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Thanks in Advance

Hi @tom_coates,

Can you please check your inbox?

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid