cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cross-sell products appear with multiple items in cart?

SOLVED

Which cross-sell products appear with multiple items in cart?

What is the logic Magento uses to determine which cross-sell items appear on the cart page when there are multiple items in the cart? It appears to be the items associated with the last item added to the cart.....mostly, but not entirely.

Cheers,
Scott

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which cross-sell products appear with multiple items in cart?

Hi @Scott_B,

If there are multiple items in cart then it randomly pick the cross sell items from those all items. So when you refresh the cart page, you will see that cross sell products also refreshing which means that from all cross sell items, by default magento select 5 random items.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

Hi @Scott_B,

There is no such options available in default Magento. So if we have such requirement then I think we need to do customization in code.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Scott_B,

If there are multiple items in cart then it randomly pick the cross sell items from those all items. So when you refresh the cart page, you will see that cross sell products also refreshing which means that from all cross sell items, by default magento select 5 random items.

Thanks, @Ketika M! That's what I suspected, but wanted to verify it.

Is there a way to specify the cross-sell items shown when there are multiple products in the cart? Either by assigning priorities to the shopped products or via a rule like, cross-sell items shown are those associated with the last product added to the cart?

Hi @Scott_B,

There is no such options available in default Magento. So if we have such requirement then I think we need to do customization in code.

Hi @Ketika M,

Thanks again and I thought that might also be the case, but worth checking.