cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Magento the right tool for this?

Is Magento the right tool for this?

I currently use Wordpress & WooCommerce to display the products I sell, but it is not a 'store' (there is no cart, checkout, product prices, customers, reviews, etc.). I use WooCommerce attributes to be able to filter/sort the products as you can see here:

https://hdpowerequipment.com/inventory/

I've had enough of Wordpress and would like to move to another platform (the reasons not important).

Can Magento be used to simply display products like I'm currently doing but without everything that comes with a store? I do not have any use for add to cart, checkout, etc, and do not want to display prices.

Cheers,

RJ

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is Magento the right tool for this?

Well, I've used it for couple of catalogue projects (just item sorting and filtering, no checkout). There's a number of extensions that turn off checkout.

Tanel Raja

Thanks for the reply. I will play around with Magento to test this out.

I am sure that magento supports users very well in customization. All thing you need is comfortable in magento, even more features for you to enjoy. However, people say that magento is more and more complicated than woocommerce. So, you need to think carefully to export woocommerce to magento. And you can move woocommerce to magento with Lit-extension.

Off-course, you can also enable these facilities with the help of the Magento. Simply,you can disable these options from your stores. I don't think it is compulsory to add these option to your store.  

Yes. Magento is really thing what I need. Magento supports users very well in satisfing customer' behavior. Of course, payment is diversity.