cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations in Magento for Product Upsell and Cross-sell

Limitations in Magento for Product Upsell and Cross-sell

Currently it appears that the process for cross-selling and up-selling products in magento is to add the sku(s) to a data field when uploading (or manually selecting them through product creation in cms).  This requires extensive product mapping and maintenance on the back end. Is there any other options for logic, code or extensions that will allow you to cross-sell and up-sell in a more DYNAMIC manner than editing the product every time.

Also what options are available for reporting and being able to get visibility into how the products connect in Magento?  Is there reporting capability that shows (for instance) products and what other products are tied to them?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Limitations in Magento for Product Upsell and Cross-sell

Hi @jody_leonard ,

Automation for cross sell and upsell product is not in communtiy edition.
It is available in Magento commerce edition. 

For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/marketing/product-related-rules-configure.html

There are some third party extensions available for auto selction based on rules in Magento Open Source. 

For example: You can go thougth below extension. It is a good extension. 

magento-2-upsell-cross-sell-extension

Check the demo first before buying it. 

I hope it will help you!

@jody_leonard 

Hi Jody,

Here is another extension worth looking in to. Link. It provide almost all the feature you are looking for.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi Jody,

I happen to like the extension from AheadWorks that @Tarandeep Singh mentioned. The AheadWorks Automatic Related Products extension is pretty good. I'd also mention that AheadWorks also offers extensions for "Who Bought This Also Bought" and "Who Viewed This Also Viewed". Depending on the particulars of your store, one extension may be a better fit than another.

Best of luck!