cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento for product display

SOLVED

Magento for product display

I intend to display products only (affiliate links) under vivid categories and no plan to have payment gateway. Is Magento recommended as I believe payment gateway is a crucial component of an ecommerce.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento for product display

You can certainly chose to use Magento for this. I've come across numerous non-transactional Magento sites. Magento can serve very well as it still allows you to manage and update product data and integration with external systems with relative eas. That said, Magento may or may not be the "right" solution for you. Depending on what you're other requirements are, it may be more straight forward and cheaper in time/money to use a simpler platform. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento for product display

You can certainly chose to use Magento for this. I've come across numerous non-transactional Magento sites. Magento can serve very well as it still allows you to manage and update product data and integration with external systems with relative eas. That said, Magento may or may not be the "right" solution for you. Depending on what you're other requirements are, it may be more straight forward and cheaper in time/money to use a simpler platform. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!