cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Kits Having Multiple SKUs

Make Kits Having Multiple SKUs

Can a bundle product be made from multiple simple products that when ordered each product in the bundle would have it's own line item for it's SKU?

I am looking to make a bundled product with multiple simple products that when all bought together has a fixed price that is cheaper than buying all the products individually. Then when ordered I would like it so each simple product included in the bundle has it's own line item with it's individual SKU. I need this functionality for when orders are exported to be imported into the accounting system each item is tracked individually.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Make Kits Having Multiple SKUs

Hi

I think a group product might be more suited to what you're after - that will add each individual item as its own line to the cart. You can set minimum / maximum quantities on a per product basis too if you want to force a customer to buy at least one of everything in the group.

In terms of the price decrease if you buy 'all' the items - you could achieve this with a catalog price rule... e.g buy sku 1,2,3,4 - get a discount of $50.

If you're going to setup a price rule based on SKU... then you'd need to make sure that SKU is setup to be allowed as a promo condition inside of Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes > (search for SKU) > Edit > Use for Promo Rule Conditions > Yes

Hope this helps - good luck!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Re: Make Kits Having Multiple SKUs

I can make a bundle with a bunch of simple products selectable by a checkbox and when they are selected and the customer checks out each is added as a separate line item. They all have their own separate price though. I would like to make a bundle product that includes a bunch of simple products for one price and the customer cannot choose to add/remove products from it. Then when they checkout each product is it's own line item. I'm assuming this is not possible out of the box?

Edit: It seems if the bundle product is made with dynamic pricing and each item in the bundle uses the price from the simple product it is made up of, each item in the bundle gets added as a separate line item. However if the bundle is made with a fixed price it only adds one line item for the whole bundle. Is there a way to make it so when fixed pricing is used it will add each item as it's own line item?