cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members only shop?

Members only shop?

Hello all, I just installed Magento on my host and am trying to learn how to use it to see if it will suite my needs, but I think it might.

I want to have a simple website that's basically a homepage saying hello, about us page, maybe a FAQ, and a shop.

everything except the shop is available publicly, but the shop and it's contents are accessible to members only.

Is it possible to do this with Magento? when a user clicks on "Shop" in the navbar they should be required to login before they can access the shop.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Members only shop?

Hi.

The short answer is yes you can do it. In fact the code to do it is quite small but would require a custom module to do it.

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi @Killavolt,

This is possible. We can customize this feature work as you want. We have provided magento customize service. If you are interested, you can contact us at the link: http://www.magewoo.com/magento-services.html. We can assist you customize this feature.

Best Regards,

MageWoo

Best Magento Extensions and Services: One Step Checkout, POS Pro, Social Login, Delivery Date...
www.magewoo.com

@Killavolt

It doesn't seem like you are at the point of requiring the actual code but as @MageWoo is using the opportunity for some self promotion i thought i would offer you an alternative.

We use a modified version of https://github.com/jreinke/magento-require-login

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

ok cool, I just needed to know if it can be done before I end up with a shop that I can't use lol.

I'll definitely come back to this once I figure out everything else I need to know Smiley Very Happy