cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Open Source to Commerce Cloud

SOLVED

Migrate Open Source to Commerce Cloud

Hello,

I'm a digital agency and I have some questions for one of my customers. Can you help me to clarify them?

1. Is possible the migration from Magento 2.2 Open Source to Commerce Cloud? Is there any limitation?
  2. If we have done some ad-hoc developments in the Open Source version, do they keep on moving to Commerce Cloud?
  3. The technical support in Magento Commerce, ¿includes support for the ad-hoc developments?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migrate Open Source to Commerce Cloud

Hi @Sergi_omitsis

RE : Is possible the migration from Magento 2.2 Open Source to Commerce Cloud? Is there any limitation?

- Yes , its easy to migrate from magento 2.2 open source to commerce cloud , AKAIK there is no limitation on it for the same, 

RE : If we have done some ad-hoc developments in the Open Source version, do they keep on moving to Commerce Cloud?

- Yes if you migrate open source version to commerce cloud then yes it will be there ! actually commerce cloud is itself Magento Commerce (Enterprise edition) - just hosting over website on the cloud server, so if your magento ad-hoc developments is compatible with commerce version(Enterprise version) then its easy to moving on the same.

RE : The technical support in Magento Commerce, ¿includes support for the ad-hoc developments?

- AKAIK , magento commerce gives support on technical part where you face some kind of technical issues , but not give support on ad-hoc developments code !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Sergi_omitsis

RE : Is possible the migration from Magento 2.2 Open Source to Commerce Cloud? Is there any limitation?

- Yes , its easy to migrate from magento 2.2 open source to commerce cloud , AKAIK there is no limitation on it for the same, 

RE : If we have done some ad-hoc developments in the Open Source version, do they keep on moving to Commerce Cloud?

- Yes if you migrate open source version to commerce cloud then yes it will be there ! actually commerce cloud is itself Magento Commerce (Enterprise edition) - just hosting over website on the cloud server, so if your magento ad-hoc developments is compatible with commerce version(Enterprise version) then its easy to moving on the same.

RE : The technical support in Magento Commerce, ¿includes support for the ad-hoc developments?

- AKAIK , magento commerce gives support on technical part where you face some kind of technical issues , but not give support on ad-hoc developments code !

Hope it helps !

Thank you very much @Manthan Dave!

Hi @Sergi_omitsis

Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

I represent an e-commerce company in India(Asia).

Based on my experience with Magento Cloud, I would highly recommend that you check the contract very carefully and beware of which AWS region they are providing you. 
I moved from OS to Cloud commerce and I am badly stuck.

My Primary reason for moving to commerce cloud from open source was assured improvement in performance, however, instead of giving me any of the Asian instances of AWS, they gave me US/Europe. My latency has gone up by 9x and even though I am an enterprise customer, I am not getting any relief/help from Magento. 

Hi,

I am also having the same issue with AWS Cloud platform, Thanks for the solution that i got from here.