cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Fully customized 1.9 to Magento 2.x

Migrating Fully customized 1.9 to Magento 2.x

Hi, 

I have developed a website on Magento 1.9 with a lot of customizations and plugins.
Now forcibly I have to migrate to Magento 2.x as 1.9 is not going to get any support. 

So please help me decide which Magento 2.X I should go for? Or 2.2.X, 2.3.2, 2.3.3m 2.3.4 or 2.3.5?

Also, please help me the easiest way to migrate keeping my customized Magento 1.9.

Many Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Migrating Fully customized 1.9 to Magento 2.x

Hi @infoingeni4ca5 

Firstly, glad to know that you have taken a decision to move the site from Magento 1 to Magento 2 as it is the correct time to migrate store from M1 to M2.

In regards to Magento 2 Version - the Latest version of Magento 2 is - ver 2.3.5-p1 and i would recommend you to migrate your Magento store to the latest version only.

In regards to Data migration, I would highly recommend to use Magento data migration tool, using this you can easily migrate your data, here is the link  - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/migration/migration-tool-install.html 

In regards to your customization which you have developed/implemented in your Magento 1 setup that is you must require to create a custom module in the Magento 2 from scratch.

You can use the existing business logic which is developed in the current M1 setup so just a coding structure and pattern change for M2 by following that you will require to create those modules.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

@Manthan Dave  Many thanks for your reply.

We are planning to go for Magento 2.3.3. Please advice. 

Hi @infoingeni4ca5 

Glad to know that you are planning to go in this way.

If you need any further assistance feel free to post over here.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

The only option is to migrate to the LATEST version.

if you move to 2.3.3 then you again will need to migrate again later and will find many errors.

Try to use the basic migration guide. if not, just start from scratch.

I mean, you say you have many customization in M1. M2 have many many new features, they are many extensions that maybe do everything you already need.

So start fresh and make sure you need all those customizations from M1 before moving maybe you don't need them anymore or there is a plugin you can buy that do it to save time.

HI @infoingeni4ca5 ,

Please go through below URL. It will help you fully in the migration using the data-migration tool. It helps you to tackle the errors which generally occur in migration.

https://www.goivvy.com/blog/magento-2-migration

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------

Problem Solved! Give Kudos and Click Accept as Solution.

Hi,

We've faced the same questions while performing migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2 for our client with highly customized website. As we have made the whole development for his Magento 1 website and were fully aware about the logic and purpose of each customization, there were no issues during the migration. 

We've simply followed the stages of migration (theme migration and customization, extensions migration, custom logic development and data migration). You can learn more about this case in this article regarding migration to Magento 2.

All the best,

Anastasia