cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Discounts

Multiple Discounts

Hi everyone,

We have a problem where our tier price is being calculated from the listed product price and not taking into consideration the discounted product price. Magento seems to be raking the real price (without any discount) when it calculates a multipel purchase discount.

EXAMPLE - If the customer orders 1 set of tennis string then the Price is £7.99 (-15% account discount =£6.79). Then if someone orders 6 of the same string the price before 15% discount should be £7.50 per set or per product. Then we need the 15% discount to be applied to this lower 6 pack price - The final price per set should be shown on the next line down in the product section, below the listed price.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Multiple Discounts

Hi @ruemorg,

The Magento tier price always works on product individual. For your requirement you need to set Shopping Cart Price rule and set discount according to your requirements.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

@theMageComp

This forum is weird, I have posted 2 separate messages now and when I submit them they are nowhere to be found!

So lets try again,

Thanks for replying to my post Smiley Happy

So your saying overall discount in conjunction with tier prices has to be done at the checkout end? No way of setting them together? Not even some fancy coding or something? I really want the visual of tier prices and the overall discount to be showing up together. Surely i am not the only one who gives account discount as well as tier price discount together?

See below my screen shots of the discount showing up as a -15% tab on the side of every picture (this is really good for me to show my customer that I am giving them money off every product) as well as the price crossed out and showing the lower price. On the 2nd screeny it shows the tier price discount which is also good for me to show they get a cheaper price if they order 6 or more of a product. Only thing is they get -15% discount as well as the 6 pack tier price so I would love it to show the 6 pack tier price minus ther 15% discount - Literally spelling out to my customer that we are giving them all these separate discounts.

http://postimg.org/image/63lvd5qjr/

http://postimg.org/image/vwjrzcv1x/

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Yes, sometimes that happens Smiley Very Happy

For your requiremnt you need to change into the Magento coding and find the proper place where you need to change the amount. You can use different Magento events according to your requirements.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hello-

I have a discount rule in place for our customers. At the same time I have Coupons that allow a customer to receive an even larger discounts as well. How do I go about adjsuting the shopping cart rules so that the customer does NOT receive both discounts but only the Coupon code when used?

Thank You.

Mike Martin