cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple images in configurable swatch

Multiple images in configurable swatch

Hi, I would like to now if more than one image can be added for configurable color swatch i.e. each simple product having more than one image (example one image for front of the shirt and another image for back of a shirt).  I have tried using two images for simple product that is attached to the configurable product but the front end only picks up the first one from the sort order to show as the base image.  None of the tutorials mentions anything about this so just wondering.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multiple images in configurable swatch

I don't see that  this  easily done without extending the code. If t-shirts is really your product, you may be able to put a single image with both front and back in it as the primary and have the rest viewable in the gallery below.

It has an added advantage for usablity: I may have selected a color, but I still wanna see the other colors and maybe change my mind, without having to change the selction again.

Thanks but I am not quite sure what you mean by  "have the rest viewable in the gallery below" - how do I do this?  Currently any extra images that are set up are not being picked up by the colour picker.  It only shows the first image that is set up in the configurable product. 

Just adding to my previous message.  I used the shirts as an example to make it simple but my products are makeup.  I am trying to get my website to look like this.  "http://www.inika.com.au/vegan-mineral-eyeshadow"

When you select a shade there are two or more images that appear.  I cannot seem to get magento to show both images for my website.  It only shows one image on the frontend.  I have tried several options.  

@Avana18 Are you looking to do something that changes the main image and thumbnails based on the attribute selection? You can see how we do it here: goo.gl/Z65pGS

We use the Amasty color swatch pro extension (with a little extra modification of Magento for our needs). Out of the box, I think it will let you do something similar to the makeup link that you provided, allow a user to click on a "swatch" image or select from the drop-dow to change the image & gallery that is shown for each simple inside of the configurable.

Here is the link to their extension if you want to check it out, pretty cheap for the headaches it saves: https://amasty.com/color-swatches-pro.html

@ryan198 wrote:

@Avana18 Are you looking to do something that changes the main image and thumbnails based on the attribute selection? You can see how we do it here: goo.gl/Z65pGS

We use the Amasty color swatch pro extension (with a little extra modification of Magento for our needs). Out of the box, I think it will let you do something similar to the makeup link that you provided, allow a user to click on a "swatch" image or select from the drop-dow to change the image & gallery that is shown for each simple inside of the configurable.

Here is the link to their extension if you want to check it out, pretty cheap for the headaches it saves: https://amasty.com/color-swatches-pro.html

Hi ryan198, regarding your store goo.gl/Z65pGS, do you use Amasty color swatch pro and also Magic360 with MagicZoomPlus?

I'm asking it because I need to manage something similar: configurable products with different colors and sizes, also every simple product should have a 360 images plus more simple images.

Did you made some customizations to make it works?

Regards

Medical International Scholarships for Pakistani Students is offering medicine education is academic study program in which candidates studied and practice as a medical practitioner. This study programs offered at the college and higher education institution.

Many countries of the world are teaching this academic program. Some countries are also providing financial aids for international meritious scholars who want to study abroad. This economic assistance are either area specific or course specific.