cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Magento

New to Magento

HelloSmiley Happy I read about magento and i liked it alot. I want to learn how to use it. I have a development background and i would like to use it to develop ecommerce solutions for companies in my country. I have some questions:

is magento free?

where should I start from in reading and understanding how to use magento?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

Re: New to Magento

Both Magento 1 and Magento 2 have a free (community) edition and a paid (enterprise) edition. If you want to start learning Magento now, I'd start with Magento 2, since Magento announced that Magento 1 will be supported till 3 years after the release of Magento 2. I don't know the exact date, but that would be somewhere in November 2018.

There are several places you could start learning Magento 2. First of all, there is this form where you can ask questions in the Magento 2 section. Then there is Magento StackExchange and there are the DevDocs, which are also really useful. Last but not least, there is Magento U where you can take courses to learn working with Magento 2. And until March 31, 2016 some of the Magento 2 courses are free.

Be aware that Magento has a pretty steep learning curve, so it might take some time to get the hang of it. But once you've passed that point, you're good to go!

Good luck!

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this