cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsletter subscription email address to abandoned cart

Newsletter subscription email address to abandoned cart

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if this is something that is possible. I know that there are a bunch of abandoned cart extension out there that require the user to be logged in or to have entered their email address in guest checkout for this to work.

Is there a way to have a cookie saved when a customer signs up for the newsletter and then adds products to the cart to be able to send them a abandoned cart email (from an extension)?

This way if someone doesn't create an account and doesn't enter in their email address during the first step of guest checkout it is still possible to capture the sale through an abandoned cart extension.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Newsletter subscription email address to abandoned cart

Yes, this is something that our Magento Abandoned Cart Reminder can do since the latest version.

View our great Magento Extensions

Since the latest version of our Magento Abandoned Cart Reminder it will capture the email as it is entered into the newsletter subscription box.

View our great Magento Extensions

Good call, Jonathan.  I try to avoid a ton of blatantly self promotional forums responses, but I was summoned here by the MageMail bat signal.  This is something that MageMail supports as well.  

The trick is to save the email address to the quote - once that's done abandoned cart emails can be triggered off of it.  It's actually not too complicated - you can just look for a blur event on email addresses (CSS .validate-email, etc.).

Hi Kalen - Saving the email address to the quote would only be possible once in the checkout process. Is it possible to save the email address in a cookie and tie it somehow to an abandoned cart if they do not enter the checkout process?

For instance, if no cookie is present on visitor's machine, ajax popup asks for email and if given and cart is abandoned, magento ties that email to the abandoned cart....any ideas?

Hi @jwaldmann,

Currenlty, we provide free extension support this feature. You can refer on the link: http://www.magewoo.com/cart-abandoned-reminder.html. Also, we integrated the feature cart abandoned reminder in our One Step Checkout extension. You can refer our One Step Checkout extension on the link: http://www.magewoo.com/one-step-checkout.html. The feature cart abandoned reminder will save the information when your customer go to your site, add product to cart and instert email. So it will work well with both guest and custmer registered on your site.

Hope this helpful for you.

Best Magento Extensions and Services: One Step Checkout, POS Pro, Social Login, Delivery Date...
www.magewoo.com