cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell video via magento with vimeo

Sell video via magento with vimeo

One of my client want to use the magento store for selling online video products like  need to purchase the premium to watch the video with vimeo.

List of functions
* Download after payment for digital products
* Unlimited viewing plan

Is this reasonable to develop this app with agento??
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sell video via magento with vimeo

Hello @hellomakoto 

Welcome to the Magento community forum.

Looking at your question and requirement which you are trying to achieve I would simply say "YES" it is possible to make such a portal on the Magento platform.

Magento by default supports downloadable products which allow you to showcase sample videos to the customer and once they do payment then they can able to download from their my downloadable products section from my accounts.

For your second solution you can leverage the customer group for the general and premium customer segregation. Meaning those who have already purchase a membership you can move those customers to Premium customer group so that they have full access of all the videos.

Another thing is there are multiple extensions available for various membership options so you can use that as well.

Just one suggestion looking at the performance aspects - If you are planning to stream those video on this portal itself then I would suggest to stream/play those video on another server meaning keep 2 things separated logically - selling the membership and streaming the videos.

All the best for your new implementation and hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Sell video via magento with vimeo

HD Streamz App is as right as rain for you. Yes, you can access approximately 1000 TV channels with this app free of cost. Furthermore, you can enjoy any content like sports, news, dramas, movies, and others in any language.