cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up separate stores with different quantities of the same items

Set up separate stores with different quantities of the same items

We have 2 stores in Magento, one for wholesale and one for retail. Both stores sell the same products, except the wholesale store will be selling only one category of the overall products.

We want the inventory to be shared between the two stores, but be able to set a specific quantity for each store individually.

Just to explain a scenario:

If I have 100 of one product available that will be sold in both stores, I want there to be 30 in the retail store, and 70 in the wholesale store. If a wholesale buyer purchases 30 in the wholesale store, immediately only 40 will be available in that store while still having 30 available in the retail store.

Also, it'd need to be able to transfer inventory from one store to another.

What extensions would be needed to set this up, or can Magento do this by default? We're currently on Magento Enterprise ver. 1.12.0.1

1 REPLY 1

Re: Set up separate stores with different quantities of the same items

Seperate inventory by store is not supported by default in Magento however there are a number of module that will satify this requirement. I would recommend doing some research and looking through Magento connect to get an idea of what you need and which extension will fill that need.

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!