cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Tax on only certain items in the store?

SOLVED

Shipping Tax on only certain items in the store?

I live in Texas, so I need to charge 8.25% tax on price+shipping for customers living in Texas, but only for SOME products in the store, not all of them.

With tax classes I can get the tax applying on the price for the taxable products.  However, for the shipping, it seems like it's only possible to apply the tax to ALL of the products in the store, and not just some of them.

So is it possible to apply shipping tax on only certain items in the store?  If so, how would I go about doing that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Tax on only certain items in the store?

Ah well, I guess it really isn't possible in Magento.  It's crazy that such a popular ecommerce platform is basically unusable out of the box for anyone living in Texas.  Well, I guess I'll just accept this as the answer, unless anyone else chimes in with thoughts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Is this really not possible in Magento?  It just seems strange that such a popular ecommerce solution wouldn't be usable by businesses in Texas out of the box.

Ah well, I guess it really isn't possible in Magento.  It's crazy that such a popular ecommerce platform is basically unusable out of the box for anyone living in Texas.  Well, I guess I'll just accept this as the answer, unless anyone else chimes in with thoughts.