cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use POS for a website?

SOLVED

Should I use POS for a website?

I'm running a website to sell electronic devices (computers, tablets, mobiles) and planning to open a physical store at the end of the year. Is it necessary to use a POS right at the beginning? Yes, I've intended to install a POS, yet not right now. Any thoughts about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Should I use POS for a website?

You would surely need a POS, especially when you're planning to open a physical store!

A POS would assist you in connecting between online and offline stores. For instance, you will need to sync data such as orders, inventory, customer and product information between your website and the POS system.

You can take a look at ConnectPOS. We're a leading POS system that directly integrates with top eCommerce platforms including Magento. We support a seamless and real-time data synchronization between your brick-and-mortar store and Magento Admin. Our support team is 24/7 ready to answer your questions!

You can book a free demo with us or register for a free 14-day trial here!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Point of Sale (POS) is typically needed when you have an in-person sales channel, like a retail store, kiosk, or booth that you'll be selling from. 

Where eCommerce shoppers will browse through your website, in-person shoppers are likely to pick up physical goods, or otherwise indicate to you verbally what they'd like to purchase. This is where a Point of Sale interface comes in handy. If someone was trying to buy multiple items, it would take a while to look up each on the website. Then the website would likely ask for shipping and billing information that you wouldn't necessarily want to make an in-person shopper provide. Instead, you'd want a fast way to swipe a credit card.

There are lots of POS solutions that work with Magento. I'd think that it would make sense to start with something basic, like a Magento extension that uses Magento for inventory and order management. That way, you have one system to manage, but a faster interaction for checkout.

Examples include:

Best of luck! 

Thank you!

You would surely need a POS, especially when you're planning to open a physical store!

A POS would assist you in connecting between online and offline stores. For instance, you will need to sync data such as orders, inventory, customer and product information between your website and the POS system.

You can take a look at ConnectPOS. We're a leading POS system that directly integrates with top eCommerce platforms including Magento. We support a seamless and real-time data synchronization between your brick-and-mortar store and Magento Admin. Our support team is 24/7 ready to answer your questions!

You can book a free demo with us or register for a free 14-day trial here!

POS software is used by all POS systems, but not all businesses require POS hardware. If you have an online store, all of your sales take place there and for more details about websites visit here.

POS, or Point of Sale, is a system typically used in physical stores to process transactions and handle sales. It is not typically used on websites, as websites are not physical locations where transactions take place. Instead, websites typically use online payment processing systems such as PayPal or Stripe to handle transactions.

If you are looking to add a payment processing system to your website, you may want to consider using one of these online payment processing services.

I have some fav games like Minecraft mod apk and pubs. All have good mods and unlimited features.