cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to rename, re-order, create new tabs in Magento admin console

Unable to rename, re-order, create new tabs in Magento admin console

Hello,

I am unable to create new, rename existing or remove tabs using the admin console. I'd prefer not to do anything with the XML directly as I have developer who is helping us with that, and whilst I am sure I could have a stab at it - I don't want to mess anything up! Can anyone advise if there is a way or at least a good plugin that could allow us to do this?

Thanks!

Louise

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to rename, re-order, create new tabs in Magento admin console

Hi @LouiseA

Can you please elaborate the issue you are having? Because I am not getting you.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Thanks for asking!  Smiley Happy  Yes we have some tabs on the product page as part of the default magento theme we are using.At the moment I get three tabs as standard  - Description, Additional Information which only shows when make our attributes appear on the product page and Reviews ( as in customer reviews). Ideally I will need a Delivery and Advice tab as well. But it would be easier if this was something that could be established in the magento admin console. My thought would be:

* You have an attribute of type "Custom Product Tab"

* A Product Tab would have a set of translation labels that could point to different language stores e.g. English, French, German etc

* The product tab attribute would then be associated to an attribute set of another non tab like attributes related to customer filtering e.g. cameras, laptops etc

* You could add a maximum of 3 custom tabs per attribute set

* The custom tab would always be a free text area.

Does this exist or could someone design a plugin for it please Woman Very Happy

You need to customize the magento default functionality. Create an atribute into the Magento admin and then display the attribute value in custom tab in frontend. Adding custom tab on product page can be done using the catalog.xml of your theme.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now