cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD (Video on Demand) on Magento 2.3

VOD (Video on Demand) on Magento 2.3

Hi

I have a project to make VOD site like Netflix. I was successfully created the site on Business Catalyst in a few years back which was a perfect platform for this. I created as web apps, now over 20,000 videos and very quick to load. But we need to migrate it to other platform.

I was thinking Magento.

On Magento, should I treat videos as products as video group category?  I suppose that we have to have a subscriptions as a product as well. 

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

163 REPLIES 163

Re: VOD (Video on Demand) on Magento 2.3

I'm not sure of where you plan to host the videos themselves, and what your sales model will be. If the site is truly a Netflix style site, then there's just one membership fee, and after that, how you stage content is the bigger question.

With Magento, you could potentially sell a membership subscription. There are extensions available that will provide this functionality:

https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=member#q=member&idx=m2_cloud_prod_default_pr...

These extensions are all slightly different. Some, for instance, will allow you to control the user group that a shopper is in. You can then potentially use that user group to impact what products or pages within the site the members get access to. 

In regards to listing the videos, I would agree that using Magento's categories and products would seem ideal in regards to navigation. You'd be able to use native search, sort, and filter features.

There are also extensions that will help you to restrict access to parts of the site. For example: https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-groupcat.html  . This extension will also hide the price and the add-to-cart button.

Magento Commerce, which requires an annual license fee, does include some extra features off the shelf that relate to private sales and such. If you're interested in the paid version, the Magento sales team should be able to demo the relevant features for you.

In regards to loading videos into the product pages themselves, there is some native ability to load in videos (ex. YouTube videos): https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-video.html

There are also extensions that allow for additional Product Video options: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=video#q=video&idx=m2_cloud_prod_default_prod...

Whether or not you use extensions, or you build your own, hopefully, this illustrates some of your options.

Best of luck!

What you wished I saw appeared on netflix pro apk at TechBigs.

VOD is in high demand man, Why are you not checking this free hulu accounts  Smiley Wink

Thank me later

Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Moj - Short Video AppDownload Moj - Short Video App and enjoy it on your Apk Download

Great share

I will keep visiting your blog daily. If you want to check my website, then you can check it from here

Kinemaster mod apk

Kinemaster mod apk

Kinemaster mod apk

Kinemaster for pc

Picsart mod apk

Battleground mobile india apk

Garena Free Fire Mod Apk

Music & Audio. Neutron is an advanced music player Mod Apk with audiophile-grade platform-independen

Thank you so much for the best post. If you are looking for PUBG Game Names the Best PUBG names for free then you can check this post

PUBG Names

Free Fire Names

PUBG Mod APK

PUBG Names for boys

Pubg names for girls 

Battleground Mobile mod apk
PUBG Name Symbols

Pubg nickname

Thanks for sharing that post. See the Netflix Mod apk. I love it!!! Do you know about bitlife mod apk . This app have many feature. Try that. See the hulu error code p-ts207 . This is very useful for you. You can split screen on chromebook very easily. Now you can easily cleapup your storage try avg cleaner pro apk. see spotify++ iPA.