cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher restriction based on other voucher usage

SOLVED

Voucher restriction based on other voucher usage

Hi,

Please advise how I can add condition\restriction to voucher usage so one voucher can not be used if several others stated vouchers were already used?

e.g. I've stated 3 vouchers (V1, V2, V3) and I add restriction tha only one from it would be applied, other's wont?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Voucher restriction based on other voucher usage

Hi @anton_rakita,

Now I understand how that rules should work.

Using Magento out-of-the-box you won't be able to aplly that restriction but I guess the customization shouldn't so hard.

You should check anytime a logged in customer enters a cupon and validates if the previous one was applied.

There are some rules that  maybe can be tricky to configure but I understand that it won't be so hard to listen atfer the cupon is applied and run your own logic there.

But, as I said before, you won't get with Magento out-of-the-box.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @anton_rakita,

You can set how many times a coupon can be used and also how many times per customer.

You'll find more information here: http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/marketing/price-rules-cart-coupon.html

Also, if you check the cart rules configuration: http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/marketing/price-rules-cart.html you'll see you can stop processing more rules once a first rule is applied.

Now, you won't  be able to set or allow a rule using another coupon as trigger.

Also, multiple coupons can't be applied by default.

So maybe if you set the priority of those coupons and set each coupon to stop processing new rules you could get the result you want without any module or custom solution.

If not, I guess, you will need to build your own solution or find a module (if exists) that allows you to get that logic.

(my 2 cents)

Hi Damian, 

I guess this is not the solution here as I need to set the rule in that example scenario:

1. I create 3 vouchers.

2. Client hears about voucher #1 and use it for the order (1 voucher per customer)

3. Then 2 weeks later same client hears about voucher #2 and use it as well for next order.

My task is to create a rule so Voucher #2 & Voucher #3 would never work if Voucher #1 was ever used. 

Hi @anton_rakita,

Now I understand how that rules should work.

Using Magento out-of-the-box you won't be able to aplly that restriction but I guess the customization shouldn't so hard.

You should check anytime a logged in customer enters a cupon and validates if the previous one was applied.

There are some rules that  maybe can be tricky to configure but I understand that it won't be so hard to listen atfer the cupon is applied and run your own logic there.

But, as I said before, you won't get with Magento out-of-the-box.

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Have a nice day!