cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i place an order with single item?

can i place an order with single item?

i have multiple item in my cart, and i want place an order only with single item. can we go to checkout with one item? rest all item should be available in cart.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: can i place an order with single item?

Hi @Prince0212 

I don't think this is possible cart is a place where you add product to buy if you want to order one item then add only one item in cart and place and order rest item you can add to your wishlist and can add back them into cart once you want to buy it i think this is the best way.

Hope this helps you Smiley Wink 

if above answer was helpful then please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham Khandelwal 

Can magento take this as suggestion to add this functionality.

Hi @Prince0212 

I think they won't cause this is how eCommerce work but you can give a try by suggesting this to them by raising this issue.

Hope this information will help you.

if above answer was helpful then please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham Khandelwal 

There are similar, albeit different features available for Magento Open Source users.

There are Buy Now solutions like PayPal where the shopper can simply click from the product page and proceed directly to checkout, skipping the cart.

There are wishlists, allowing shoppers to save items for later consideration, without impacting their cart.

There are extensions, such as for Favorite Products and Multiple Wishlists, that expand on this functionality. 

Beyond that, I think that you'd need to look at writing your own custom extension for your use case. You may even find that there are opportunities to resell such an extension to others, such as through the Magento Marketplace.

I've been in the Magento community at large for over a decade, and it's the first time I've heard a request for this specific feature though.

Also, keep in mind that Magento Commerce users get some additional features, like Requisition Lists. I don't expect those features to come the the Open Source (Community Edition) anytime soon.

Thanks for your reply.

I have already done the customization for this and buy now function ad well.

Currently all eCommerce is have this functionality.

So, it will be great if Magento build the feature as core modules.