cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can magento 2 do case pricing

can magento 2 do case pricing

I have a product we sell by the case and in singles. Can I do this on a single product page?

For example: Product comes in a case of 24 for $24 total, or by each piece for $1.15 each.

So if someone ordered 25 of them, the order total would be $25.15 ($24 for the full case and $1.15 for the single)

4 REPLIES 4

Re: can magento 2 do case pricing

To achieve something like it you have two options -- bundles or tier prices. Both are built in features.

Tanel Raja

I'm not seeing how these would work. Tier pricing would just give folks the case pricing on anything over a case. So they could order a case plus 2, and get case pricing on all the items. 

Bundling I would have to create a product sku that is the full case? Then how would inventory work out? 

Bundle is not actually a product, it's more like a container or wrapper for simple products.  Basically you could make a bundle of 24 bottles and when you sell it, 24 bottles of simple product will be removed from inventory. Bundles don't have inventory level per se, unlike simple products they contains.

Tanel Raja

Hi,

You have a few options here:

1) Treat the case of 24 as a separate simple product and manage the inventory by the case as a new sku.

or

2) Install a promotions plugin like this one https://amasty.com/special-promotions-pro.html that lets you manage promotions by the nth group of products.

or

3) Set up a Shopping cart promotion which will apply a fixed amount discount of x when 24 or more of your sku are added. Set the conditions and actions to only apply the discount to this sku. This would only work for one case, but you could set up another promotion to do 48 and above (and so on).

Hope this helps.