cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple currency and payment processing

multiple currency and payment processing

Hello,

I want to set up the currency option. If I use the auto exchange rate, is this only an estimate for my visitors?

And if my visitor continues to the payment, will they be using the currency that they selected or they'll still need to pay in my base currency?

If they can pay in the selected currency, how do I configure with my payment processing service? Which payment processing service allow me to do multiple currency transactions? We are using Square for our offline payment processing, are we able to use them also with Magento? If so, how can we set it up with just 1 currency or multiple currencies?

Thank you very much!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: multiple currency and payment processing

Hi @jimmy_kung,

I read your post. so why you can use the paypal instead of using square to accept maximum currencies? since paypal cover mostly all countries.

If my information is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan ,

We want to use square because we're already using it in our retail.

If it's PayPal, how do we set up to:

1. always use 1 single currency for payment

2. options to have multiple currency

Thank you for your help.

Hi @jimmy_kung,

If you want to use single currency for payment, then your customer would make their payment in your base currency.

If you want to use multiple currency in your site, then your customer can able to pay in their chosen currency and you will get the payment in their currency value.

There is no relation between the currency and payment system, In default magento it will automatically configured with your payment system once you you select the currency option.

If my information is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan

Thank you for your help so far.

I've tried to setup PayPal with my Magento. However, I couldn't get the Multi-currency working in PayPal. PayPal always shows USD (default currency) regardless of the other currency I selected in Magento (CAD or EUR).

Is there some settings I need to do to enable this in PayPal or Magento?

Thanks!

Hi @jimmy_kung,

Here I share the link which would give you an idea how to set up the currency settings. If you have already setup the currency settings, just make sure if you have done alright by reading the following procedure in the following link.
https://www.mageplaza.com/kb/how-to-configure-currency-magento-2.html

If my solution is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan 

Thank you for your help so far.

I have a question about the actual payment transaction.

Does Magento only execute checkout payments in the base currency? For example, if my base currency is USD, my visitors will always checkout and pay in USD? Regardless of the currency they selected on the website?

Thanks!

Hi @jimmy_kung,

Can you share your website URL? Just for checking purpose I'm asking.

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan 

This is our website: http://minaturelle.ca/

It's still a work in progress.

Thanks!

Hi Jimmy - The site is looking good so far. I just saw your questions and wanted to chime in regarding processing payments in multiple currencies.

PayPal (as well as many other payment processors) are a bit limited in this regard, as they only allow you to charge in the base currency that is set on your account. If your account is set for CAD, your shopper will always be charged in CAD, regardless of what is displayed at checkout.

I happen to work for BlueSnap, a global payments platform and a Magento Technology Partner. Our platform is designed to help increase sales and reduce your costs. A key part of that is the ability to transact in more than 100 currencies, allowing your shoppers to pay how they want.