cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to change order status from "pending payment" to processing - Please Help!

need to change order status from "pending payment" to processing - Please Help!

I have a customer who wasn't able to complete their PayPal payment through the order - so the status is sitting at "pending payment'" however, the customer just went to paypal and 'sent payment' "outside" the store - how do i change the status on the order to 'processing'  - i can't seem to find anywhere to do that.  Please help!  thanks you

15 REPLIES 15

Re: need to change order status from "pending payment" to processing - Please Help!

As option you can try to make invoice at Magento but you will need invoice offline. This way you will move order state to processing.

Thanks

Re: need to change order status from "pending payment" to processing - Please Help!

I did the 'submit invoice' part, but i don't see how that allows me to move it to processing?

After Invoice part it should be processing. Also you might have this status at the comments part. There you can change order status of same state.

unfortunately, i did the invoice, and it shows up attached to the customer, but the status is still 'pending payment' .  i also went to the 'comments' portion, but it does not give me the option to change anything there.  so i'm still stuck.

Have same issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Nope, I sure didn't  - it's amazing to me that this rather complicated software doesn't allow something so basic/simple!

sorry i can't help!

Have same issue here.  We sometimes end up changing the shipping charges so we do not capture the CC charges through Magento and can not change the status of the orders because of this.  It is great that it will automatically change the status if you "Invoice" and "Ship" an order through Magento but you still should be able allowed to change the status of an order. Smiley Sad

I've been working on the back-end trying to learn the ins-outs both from a programmatic and front-end/vendor view of Magento 2. What I don't understand is that M2 touts the system as being FOR the vendor as opposed to other eCommerce systems which focus on all he bells and whistles, but from a programmers point of view. I honestly haven't noticed that much, especially with seemingly simple functions such as changing the status. Now, I do understand the concept of state and status, but as the vendor I simply want to change the status so the customer knows what's going on!

Just can't wrap my head around this.

I've spent more than enough to buy into EE the last 40 days - perhaps I should've gone that route to begin with but I seriously have my doubts it would be worth it if I can't even figure out a simple matter of changing the order status.

I agree, while I haven't spent a lot of time on the inner workings, I do have to manage our store on the Admin side and it is extremely frustrating - I hope we have lots of posts about this - because that may be the only way that Magento will address this issue, if at all.