cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Column and filter autocomplete

SOLVED

Calculated Column and filter autocomplete

Hello,

In a table i have imported to Magento BI, i've created a column of type 'One to many'.

I succefully create a metric and report with it.

But in my report builder, when I use the filters on one of my metrics, I don't have any autocomplete help for this column, but all my other column have.

I don't see what i'm missing.

Thank you in advance for your help

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calculated Column and filter autocomplete

Hi Pierre,

Most likely you did everything correctly here. Assuming you're working on MBI's new architecture, the auto-complete filter and group by drop-downs are only populated for native columns. Due to the way calculated fields are compiled, it isn't currently possible to display cached values for calculated fields.

If you are unsure of the specific formatting for a particular string text that you are attempting to filtering for, I recommend you first group by the column and show all results. From there you can copy the string and apply it to a filter for a metric.

Best,

Chris

Chris Schmid
Sr. Product Analyst
Adobe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Pierre,

Most likely you did everything correctly here. Assuming you're working on MBI's new architecture, the auto-complete filter and group by drop-downs are only populated for native columns. Due to the way calculated fields are compiled, it isn't currently possible to display cached values for calculated fields.

If you are unsure of the specific formatting for a particular string text that you are attempting to filtering for, I recommend you first group by the column and show all results. From there you can copy the string and apply it to a filter for a metric.

Best,

Chris

Chris Schmid
Sr. Product Analyst
Adobe

Thank you for these precisions