Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating coupons after they are created

SOLVED

Activating coupons after they are created

Hi All

Magento v2.3.3

what i am needing is a solution that will enable coupons to be activated by staff at a later date

i would like to

• create bundle of coupons and these will be stored at till.   the coupon might be created and printed e.g. £10 off
  • i need staff to be able to change status at a later point in time to make it "live" and to be able to make it redeemable.   Without this change to make it live, the coupon would not be redeemable

i am thinking something along the lines of statuses for coupons being

1. created

2. activated (or made live) - this needs to be a quick process as will be at our POS

3. redeemed/used

however there may be other solutions to achieve the same result

thanks in advance your help

Graeme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Activating coupons after they are created

Hello! 

In addition to the module that mentioned Robert Rand, you can take a look at our Multiple Coupons extension. This extension allows you to activate/deactivate coupons in a few clicks, and you don’t need to set coupon expiration dates. Also, if you have a lot of coupons and promotions, you can set the conditions, what coupons and discounts can be used together. 

Check the product page to find more features, demo, and user guide.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Normally, I'd think to recommend an extension like https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-module-xcoupon.html

... but you mentioned wanting to manage these coupons from your POS. If you're using Magento's API to connect to your Point of Sale software, then you should consider creating and editing coupons through the API as-needed. That would be best addressed by whoever is responsible for the software that connects your POS and Magento.

Best of luck!

Hello! 

In addition to the module that mentioned Robert Rand, you can take a look at our Multiple Coupons extension. This extension allows you to activate/deactivate coupons in a few clicks, and you don’t need to set coupon expiration dates. Also, if you have a lot of coupons and promotions, you can set the conditions, what coupons and discounts can be used together. 

Check the product page to find more features, demo, and user guide.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

thanks for the suggestions and recommendations, I will check these out

Thanks for sharing this i relly help full