cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom options in bundled products

SOLVED

Add custom options in bundled products

With a particular client site, we've got a bunch of simple products that have custom options.

I'd like to include these products in particular bundles, and magento won't do it out of the box...

So, to use an example, the item is a baseball hat, and the custom option is the bill color (red or blue). And the bundle is a team outfit - hat, shirt, and pants.

Is there a plugin allow the selection of the custom option on the bundle page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add custom options in bundled products

A) I'm not using magento 2

B) This was two years ago. I've moved on to other problems. I don't need any more suggestions, please and thank you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Just to be sure: do you mean grouped products or bundles?

Grouped are products by themselves (furniture set, also available as table and chairs). Bundles are parts that make a whole (custom computer build as classic example). From your description it sounds like you want grouped.

Nevertheless, Magento by default has only one level of compound products. This is the only extension I know of that combines them. But I have no experience with it (Only with Brim's FPC).

Hello,

You can try our Flexible Bundle Product extension, which allows customers to create their own bundles and select for them products with options.

http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/flexible-bundle-product.html

I'll look into your plugin. Thanks, Aheadworks. 

For Melvyn - I definitely the bundle products, not grouped items. The particular case is an exact set of quantities: 1 hat, 1 shirt, 1 glove, etc, at an exact price (e.g. $100).

Hello Sam,

You can create such bundles using custom options of a simple product. Check the Dynamic Product Options extension for Magento. Using it you can create options associated to other products and enable quantity for options. For instance, create a dropdown where options are linked to other simple products. When customer selects such an option the associated product's inventory will be deducted after checkout. In addition, it is possible to create dependent options. This way you can create bundles of any complexity and logic.

Hope this will be of help.

Roman

Our extensions for magento.

In your case, I think you want grouped product. If you want to associate custom option to grouped product, you can try Magento 2 Grouped Product with custom options extension. The extension supports adding simple products with custom options to a grouped product.
Hope it helps.
Click here for more Magento 2 extensions for Ecommerce.

A) I'm not using magento 2

B) This was two years ago. I've moved on to other problems. I don't need any more suggestions, please and thank you.

:-)

So did you get any solution ?

Because now I am in same situation.

With a particular client site, we've got a bunch of simple products that have custom options.

I'd like to include these products in particular bundles, and magento won't do it out of the box...

So, to use an example, the item is a baseball hat, and the custom option is the bill color (red or blue). And the bundle is a team outfit - hat, shirt, and pants.

Is there a plugin allow the selection of the custom option on the bundle page?