cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new extension attribute to customer / no customer attribute

Adding a new extension attribute to customer / no customer attribute

I am new to the Magento world.

I would like to create a new extension attribute for the Customer.

The idea is for a new attribute to appear in the customer edition: favorite type of coffee.

I've read the docs and various other posts, but still don't get it. Could someone explain it to me on the example above, how to do it step by step, or at least suggest how to do it?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Adding a new extension attribute to customer / no customer attribute

You can create new customer attributes/customer address attributes with ease by using this Magento 2 Customer Attributes Extension.

With the support of Magento 2 customer attributes extension, you can easily create new customer attribute in Magento 2 or customer address attribute without any help from a developer.

Moreover, you can create unlimited numbers of attributes to your Magento 2 store. You can add as many fields to the customer registration form as you wants to help store owners collect all necessary information.

Magento 2 customer custom attribute also allow you to add, edit, and display any additional attributes on a specific page such as

• Customer Account Page
  • Checkout Page
  • Customer Registration Page.

This Magento 2 Extensions also enable customers to view & edit easily on the Account Dashboard

From the customers’ side, this extension is designed to show all additional attributes on the customer account page and let them edit data anytime they want, which is very convenient. By this way, you can easily boost customers’ experience.

You can also customize attributes options & label for each store view

With the support of the Magento 2 customer address attribute extension, the admin can customize a particular field title and values for each store view.

In addition, you can control the number of additional attributes for each specific store view. By this way, it is easy to utilize customer attributes to achieve your purpose and improve the shopping experience of your buyers.

Hope this help.

Re: Adding a new extension attribute to customer / no customer attribute

I know there is such an extension, but I want to do it myself, using plugins