cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer could "trade in" their old product - function

Customer could "trade in" their old product - function

Hi folks,

I'm thinking and thinking, but can't find a suitable solution ...

We're building a shop which sells Cellphones / Tablets etc.

Customers should get an option to request a new price when they trade in their old phone / tablet.

I was thinking about something like this:

Customer can check an option like "I'd like to trade in my old device" and get a couple of fields asking them the specifications of their old device. After that, the actual Order button changes to "Ask for your price" (what gives another status in the backend - "Waiting for response" or something like that). After that, an employee could change the price of the specific order, to offer a special price to the customer.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve something like this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customer could "trade in" their old product - function

@hielkio Well appearing that customer can check "I'd like to trade in my old device" and fill specification of their old device and could able to place order. Further, employee could change price of that order, is it  ? if so, then here you need to set provision for refund difference amount.

Above flow seems okay as without looking old items cant change product price so it should be apply after order. Hence, here I would like to suggest another way.

Ask in advance like put button on product detail page to submit old device specification. Your employee should review and set price for that customer.  (Make note in detail page, if you have old device then we provide special price, kindly fill specification), make sense ?

P.S - Don't forgot to tell me your final logic, curious to know Smiley Happy 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hi GMehta Smiley Happy

What you mentioned looks like a solution for us Smiley Happy

Can you tell me / point me in the right direction how to achieve this?

Custom extension, or custom changes?

@hielkio Glad to hear! Yes you need to develop custom extension for this for best practice. I guess flow is clear to you. 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.