cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Dropdown Search for Magento 2

Customized Dropdown Search for Magento 2

I have some csv files that have around 15000 rows of data in each.

I am looking to import the CSV with all the data already in it. It has about 10 columns.

So if someone selected column 1 data it filters to column 2. Column 2 filters to 3 etc all the way down to column 8. I would like then for the website to do an advanced search on an existing attribute for the data contained in columns 9 or 10.

I have about 4 different spreadsheets of data and I would like to place a different dropdown search on CMS pages. Does anyone know an extension that would be able to handle this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customized Dropdown Search for Magento 2

I've used this extension in the past in order to create a parts finder, where shoppers need to select a first attribute, then another, and then another in a specific order in order to find out which products are applicable to them:

https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-finder.html

It's common in automotive, where shoppers need to select a Year, Make, and Model, in order to see parts that are applicable to their vehicle.

There are other similar extensions in the Magento Marketplace if you want to compare: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=product%20finder#q=product%20finder&idx=m2_c...

Yes I had looked at the Amasty extension but my problem is I think that it does a search for the exact SKU rather than an attribute of the product? (correct me if I am wrong?) In my case I am trying to do an OR search for the contents of Columns 9 & 10.

It's a good question.

I don't believe that the Amasty extension will result in searching for an attribute. I don't know of an off-the-shelf extension that will, although some of the SaaS solutions like Nextopia and SearchSpring may be able to handle this off-the-shelf. All of the off-the-shelf extensions that I've come across link the parts finder to specific product results. To use a one-off extension to search by attribute, you may need to have it built or have an existing extension customized.