cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know of a configuration product extension that is out there and compatible with Magento?

Does anyone know of a configuration product extension that is out there and compatible with Magento?

Hi,

Does anyone know of an extension that is out there and compatible with Magento for configurating products. We are looking to offer custom built guitars which has different options i.e. several body shapes, necks, colours, etc.

We want it to be easy to use and similar functionality to the car builders that are out there.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Richard

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Does anyone know of a configuration product extension that is out there and compatible with Mage

Hello @richard_gandy 

Are you looking for custom option extension or you want something like personalized product? 

By Custom Option, I mean to say, do you want to let your customer just select the options from the avaialble? 

Or you want to let your customer customize the guitar as per their requirements for exmple TShirt design.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Does anyone know of a configuration product extension that is out there and compatible with Mage

Yes, know exactly what you are looking for and yes they do exists, but not via forums so you would have to contact us directly via @CreativeWestSF as we're not part of the "kudos" crowd. Regards.

There aren't any extensions that I'm aware of that will provide a decent experience. You have Aitoc Custom Products...

If your budget allows I would look at a solution like Adobe Scene 7. You can see it in action on on Treks website

There is an extension available for you to build upon for scene 7, though it hasn't been updated in a long time and will probably need some work:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/adobe-scene7-image-customization-by-achang-webdev.htm...

Chris / Placement Edge

Ok, has absolutely everyone gone completely nuts, Scene7 for a small business even excluding the integration headaches, are there any rational people left implementing Magento!

Hi @theMageComp 

Many thanks for your reply!

I am looking for where a customer can create a guitar based on pre-defined options that we offer for example particular type of wood neck, particular body colour, etc.

Kindest Regards,

Richard

You must be looking for custom options feature of the default Magento. Go to Catalog > Manage Products > Select Product > Custom Options > Add New Option > Add custom options

You can add custom options as per your requirements, If those are different for all the products, you will need to create all the custom options for every produt manually. If most of them are common and you want to make one template and assign to various products at a time, I will suggest you to use Custom options template extension. We have also developed custom options templates for the magento, you can check here,

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/custom-options-templates-by-magecomp.html

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi Richard, 

From what we can tell, there are two possible ways of going about this: 
1. By creating a set of configurable products 
2. By creating simple products with custom options 

This article briefly explains the difference between the two.

Now, if you go with the first option, you can just use Magento’s default functionality to add configurable products. However, if you have a really large number of combinations, you could consider using Configurable Products Pro. It’s an extension we developed that generates simple products based on the different modifications available in your store. 

And, if you want to give your clients additional personalization options, we have another extension for this - Custom Product Preview - which is a powerful designer tool. 

By the way, one of our users who utilize this second extension own a guitar store - http://www.stickysoulguitars.com/products/custom-guitars-and-bass/custom-fender-standard-stratocaste...  So, you can see if this is what you are trying to achieve.

Aitoc is a group of distinguished web developers that have been building for Magento since 2009.
See our extensions for Magento 2.

@richard_gandy

You can use Advanced Custom Options on Magento connect

Awesome One Step Checkout extension for your online store

It seems to me that you need to use custom options which are configured to work as overlay. If yes, you need this http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/advanced-product-options.html