cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Style per-item shipping costs

Ebay Style per-item shipping costs

I want to have a per-item shipping setup which works the same way as it does in Ebay. Every one of my items already has attributes for:
Postage cost for first item.
Postage cost for additional item.

So if the first was £3, and the second was set to £0.20, then if a customer purchased 4 the cost would be 3+0.2+0.2+0.2 = £3.60. 

Since this attribute is different in all my products and it is present in all of them, I would like it to at checkout add up the shipping accordingly.

Now some items costs will be different, in which case I would want the checkout to take the highest first item cost and then add on any extra items.

So say there was another product which had postage price of £1 with £0.10 for additional. If customer purchased only 3 of this item alone, it would be £1+0.1+0.1. 

However if the customer from the first example added 3 of these items into that basket then it would be the highest product plus the additionals making the total cost of the 7 items 3+0.2+0.2+0.2+0.1+0.1+0.1

Basically then what i'm after is a shipping extensions which allows setting of the items shipping costs through an attribute with support for first item and additional item costs.