cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show product attributes on magento 1 frontend

SOLVED

Show product attributes on magento 1 frontend

Hey, I would like to have custom attributes shown right next to the product as you can see from the image 

image.pngEdit: Using ultimo 1.19.1 as a theme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Show product attributes on magento 1 frontend

Hello @patroev,

The way the attributes displayed in the product view pay may vary a lot from theme to theme.
But if you are using a theme similar to the default theme (before 1.9) here is what you can do.

Look for this in the catalog.xml of your theme:

<block type="catalog/product_view_attributes" name="product.attributes" as="additional" template="catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml">
<action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action>
</block>

and remove the line <action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action>. That's the line responsible for placing the block in a specific group.

Then edit catalog/product/view.phtml and add this line where you want the attributes to be displayed.

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('additional')?>

If you are using a theme similar to the rwd theme (the 1.9 default one) you should do this:

<block type="catalog/product_view_attributes" name="product.attributes" as="additional" template="catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml">
<action method="setTitle" translate="value"><value>Additional Information</value></action>
</block> 

You should to the same thing as above. But in addition, also remove this line

<action method="setTitle" translate="value"><value>Additional Information</value></action>

Let us know if you have any confusion.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @patroev

As the attached image I can not see, but according to my understanding, you want to show attributes on catalog listing page? right?

If yes then follow below link:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/70274/magento-1-9-1-rwd-custom-attribute-filter-in-layer...

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Hello @patroev,

The way the attributes displayed in the product view pay may vary a lot from theme to theme.
But if you are using a theme similar to the default theme (before 1.9) here is what you can do.

Look for this in the catalog.xml of your theme:

</block>

and remove the line <action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action>. That's the line responsible for placing the block in a specific group.

Then edit catalog/product/view.phtml and add this line where you want the attributes to be displayed.

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('additional')?>

If you are using a theme similar to the rwd theme (the 1.9 default one) you should do this:

</block> 

You should to the same thing as above. But in addition, also remove this line

Let us know if you have any confusion.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos