cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension that includes colors from a list

SOLVED

Extension that includes colors from a list

Hi. I'm looking for an extension that lets the customer choose a color when they order a product. I know there are swatches. But I don't want Magento to create a unique product for every single color - instead, I want the customer to be able to pick a color from a list, or through an include file. So for example if I change the inventory I have of colors in stock (e.g. colored t-shirts with prints), all the product that has the option to choose color will have it's color list updated. Does this exist?

For the record, I'm not selling t-shirts. I don't need every color of a product to have an individual picture. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extension that includes colors from a list

I've done this before with an extension from @mageworx . This extension enhances the features available for Product Options / Custom Options. It will both let you create color swatches for product options, and create templates that can be applied to more than one product. This means that if you have 100 products with the same color options, you can update these options in one place, instead of updating 100 products. It has some other handy features too, like the ability to manage stock, and upcharge for certain option (ex. XXL).

https://marketplace.magento.com/mageworx-module-advancedproductoptions.html

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I've done this before with an extension from @mageworx . This extension enhances the features available for Product Options / Custom Options. It will both let you create color swatches for product options, and create templates that can be applied to more than one product. This means that if you have 100 products with the same color options, you can update these options in one place, instead of updating 100 products. It has some other handy features too, like the ability to manage stock, and upcharge for certain option (ex. XXL).

https://marketplace.magento.com/mageworx-module-advancedproductoptions.html

Best of luck!

That was exactly what I was looking for @Robert Rand. Thank you so much!

My pleasure!