cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a better-converting online shopping UX: an extension that does the following

For a better-converting online shopping UX: an extension that does the following

Ever felt this way? You think you escape time wasted in the queues of high street shopping, only to find that online shopping can be just as tedious.

Say I wish to buy some software online. Or concert tickets. Or an ebook.

What I want to happen:

1) I click-select and am taken to the payment form 

2) I fill out my email address

3) I enter card or paypal details 

4) I press “Pay”.

5) I receive goods instantly by email

6) I feel happy.

Instead, what happens most of the time is this.

I find myself having to succumb to the old paradigm of a shopping cart that I have to put stuff into and drag through the online store from page to page.

When I finally arrive at the first of a number of checkout steps:

• I am prompted for address, phone number — Dear online store manager: you don’t need that information from me.
  • I am made to register with the store, through a long form — why?
  • I spend time waiting for spinning AJAX throbbers to finish calculations for shipping costs — when there aren’t any!

In summary:

1. Don’t have a shopping cart when your site (or a section of your site) has only a handful of products. These can be more conveniently selected in a simple side bar. Yep, a select box for your products , as opposed to an ordeal through a labyrinth. Then a few text fields to type credit card and email below it. Nothing else!
  2. Don’t ask customers for an address or phone number when just an email will do. Customers hate filling out long forms. They will also wonder what you’re doing with their information.

So: no cart and no checkout page. Just select product(s) and pay on one simple form.

Your thoughts?

Would you like to see an extension developed that does this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: For a better-converting online shopping UX: an extension that does the following

Hi @f r i s,

For your requirement you need to create a custom extension with coding for the following:

1. Customer selects the product
  2. Make the total of selected product by using background process (Prototype or JQuery)
  3. Make the payment from the same page using backgroun process (Prototype or JQuery)
Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: For a better-converting online shopping UX: an extension that does the following

Hi fris, 

We invite you to consider our All-In-One Checkout extension. It allows you to move cart to checkout, remove unnecessary checkout fields and steps, and much much more. 

Please, let us know if you have any questions about it Smiley Wink

Aitoc is a group of distinguished web developers that have been building for Magento since 2009.
See our extensions for Magento 2.

I am really glad to know that you are working on making the extension which will make a much easier way to do online shopping. But what I want to say is kindly go thorough some websites who are already doing what you exactly want to do as for an example Online Shopping UAE Website has the wonderful extensions they are using and kindly go through these type of sites which will help you to get more ideas and options.

@f r i s wrote:

Ever felt this way? You think you escape time wasted in the queues of high street shopping, only to find that online shopping can be just as tedious.

Say I wish to buy some software online. Or concert tickets. Or an ebook.

What I want to happen:

1) I click-select and am taken to the payment form 

2) I fill out my email address

3) I enter card or paypal details 

4) I press “Pay”.

5) I receive goods instantly by email

6) I feel happy.

Instead, what happens most of the time is this.

I find myself having to succumb to the old paradigm of a shopping cart that I have to put stuff into and drag through the online store from page to page.

When I finally arrive at the first of a number of checkout steps:

• I am prompted for address, phone number — Dear online store manager: you don’t need that information from me.
  • I am made to register with the store, through a long form — why?
  • I spend time waiting for spinning AJAX throbbers to finish calculations for shipping costs — when there aren’t any!

In summary:

1. Don’t have a shopping cart when your site (or a section of your site) has only a handful of products. These can be more conveniently selected in a simple side bar. Yep, a select box for your products , as opposed to an ordeal through a labyrinth. Then a few text fields to type credit card and email below it. Nothing else!
  2. Don’t ask customers for an address or phone number when just an email will do. Customers hate filling out long forms. They will also wonder what you’re doing with their information.

So: no cart and no checkout page. Just select product(s) and pay on one simple form.

Your thoughts?

Would you like to see an extension developed that does this?