cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a way to add products to a category by it's attributes.

I need a way to add products to a category by it's attributes.

I continuously upload products. I need to create a category like "Shoes" and set a condition in a true/false way where if an attribute is shoes, sneakers, boots, sandals as  a value it automatically gets added to that category.

right now I can manually select products for a category but that's it, it doesn't dynamically happen with conditions

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I need a way to add products to a category by it's attributes.

Hi @pjr710

Your request is quite interesting. I don't know such a module but I can suggest an alternative - Mass Product Actions mod. It will let you assign categories (and complete many other product management tasks) in bulk, so it'll definitely save your time.

Hope that helps!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hello.

There is the app - Store Manager for Magento, using it you can assign categories on-the-fly right during import, applying special conditions rules. 
For example, using your case the formula will be

CASE
WHEN (([CSV_COL(5)]='boots') OR ([CSV_COL(5)]='sandals') OR ([CSV_COL(5)]='sneakers')) THEN 'Default Category|Shoes'
ELSE 'Default Category|Other'
END

where instead of 5 you put number of column with your attribute and in formula itself place values.

You can check free 14-day trial version of the app (download it from my signature) to check how import works. If any questions occur, we have free support.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hello @pjr710 :

as another possible solution, take a look at Magento 2 Mass Product Actions extension. It lets you update the product attribute set for multiple products in bulk.

Hello @pjr710 :

as another possible solution, take a look at Magento 2 Mass Product Actions extension. It lets you update the product attribute set for multiple products in bulk.

Best,

Alexander.

I can tell you more, this Magento 2 Dynamic Category Extension can not only add products to a specific category by one single attribute but any product attribute you have there.

It also allows you to:

• create a category based on cart price rules
  • remove the product from other categories
  • remove other products from the category
  • preview products that will be generated to category
  • have dynamic category rule attributes generated for every product

It's a complex solution for those who want to manage their categories easier. No need to update the rule every time there are some new products added. The extension does it regularly.