cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import and Export Products and customers

Import and Export Products and customers

Is there an extention that will allow me to import and export both products, customers and orders or do i have to implement several extentions?

Thanks,

Joe.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Import and Export Products and customers

Hi there.

Magento Import/Export available out-of-the-box allows to import/export products and customers. In case you need to export orders, you can install additional extension.

In case you mean that you would like export all store data to one fie, I guess it would be messy.

If you would like to extend import/export functionality of Magento and since you are asking for the extension, I would like to recommend you one, if you don't mind.

The application is called Store Manager for Magento and it allows to import/export products with related details, categories, customers, attribute sets, custom options, tier prices, group prices, as well as export orders, abandoned carts and products in them. If you are interested, you can download and give it a try free, the link is in my signature.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Many thanks for this. I'll give this a try.

Joe.

@sanghanijI strongly suggest you try this on a development environment.

As for alternatives, orders are the main issue. There are a few that work, but with side-effects. One I've seen changed increment ID based on storeview ID of the target store. Obviously, this created accounting issues. Another created full store accounts from anonymous orders. Customers don't always appreciate that.

Take a look at our Import/Export Orders extension. It transfers the data regarding orders, products and customers.

Find the exact list of imported/exported info on the product page of the extension, please.

http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/import-export-orders.html

Hope this helps.