cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent user preferences for what products to show in the catalog.

Persistent user preferences for what products to show in the catalog.

Hi all, 

first post here. I am looking for an extension that manages user preferences on the server (I need them to be persistent). The preferences for each user will basically be a list of categories, products of which he/she wants to see while in the e-shop. E.g. the user signs in and selects "vegan" and "vegetarian" as the categories he wants to see. Then, in any catalog within the shop, he will only see products belonging in these two categories.

Is there any extension for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Persistent user preferences for what products to show in the catalog.

Hi, For the purpose you can try our Catalog Permissions jointly with Market Segmentation Suite. This way you'll be able to settle any customer segments within the database and show customers only necessary information.

https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/catalog-permissions.html

https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/market-segmentation-suite.html

Hi @varoulkos

For your requirements, you need to create a custom extension.

You can do something like this:

1. Give a custom screen to the customer where customer can select the category
  2. Redirect the customer to one extension page
  3. Pass the selected category to this page
  4. Display the product from this categories.
Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hello!

This Registration Fields Manager extension for Magento 2 extends a customer account and allows to choose an appropriate customer group during the registration process.

And the Catalog Permissions plugin helps to manage the categories visibility within particular customer groups.

Best Regards,

Alex

Our extensions for Magento 2