cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE Magento 2: What is the Best Way to Build Inventory Control, Quickbooks Sync, and eBay Sync

RE Magento 2: What is the Best Way to Build Inventory Control, Quickbooks Sync, and eBay Sync

Hello, I curretnly sell on eBay, but I want to build my Magento 2 store that will be selling the same stuff as I sell on eBay. I know Magento 2 does not have an inventory control feature built in. 

Basically, I would like to know how, or what extensions, people use to manage inventory in Magento 2. I would like to be able to make purchase orders based on sales velocity and forcasting (at the very least by low stock points and order up to points). 

I would also like to know what extension would be best to sync to quickbooks. I have the destop version, but if the online version would be better for the available options for Magento, then I dont mind switching.

I would also like to know what extensions, or how, I can sync my ebay sales and qty to Magento 2.

Basically, I would like to have it set up so that when an item sells on ebay, then it will adjust the qty on Magento, so that the stock stays correct, and vise versa when an order comes in on Magento I would like it to update on ebay. And also when those orders come in, I would like it to update Quickbooks, so that I dont have to manually do that. And then when it comes time to reorder stock, I would like to be able to quickly have it tell me what I need to reorder and the qty for each item based on forecasting and lead time. And then when the purchase order of restock arrives, once i accept the items in, I would like it to update Quickbooks, Magento 2, and eBay.

I appecriate andy and all advice. Also please note I cannot afford a full blown ERP program like SAP, and I dont want to pay $500 a month for some of the online inventory cloud programs. If possible, I would like to purchase something like an extension that I own. But I would like to hear any and all advice.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: RE Magento 2: What is the Best Way to Build Inventory Control, Quickbooks Sync, and eBay Sync

Hi,

First of all Magento 2 is costly to keep alive. Magento 1 is costly but Magento 2 is 2x costly. You need to understand it before you join other small business owners complaining on all forums how Magento developers are charging them big and ripping them of.

Now to the question:

1. Ebay integration - people use M2E Pro. They charge per month but if you make <$10000/mo it is totally free. 

2. Quickbooks - I have seen people use Magenest extension Quickbooks Online.
3. Inventory control - check the extension from Magestore. They might customize it to your needs - just call them up.

Magento is an enterprise-level solution. With all that comes with enterprise: maintenance, costs etc. If you are just starting with eCommerce there are other solutions. 

Re: RE Magento 2: What is the Best Way to Build Inventory Control, Quickbooks Sync, and eBay Sync

Instead of buying a few extensions from separate developers I would recommend already integrated into one solution to manage everything from one place and avoid miscommunication between the various modules. To manage inventory from multiple suppliers and integrate with eBay and QuickBooks desktop, you may consider Store Manager for Magento solution with built-in addons to it called QuickBooks Integration and eBay Integration. 

With the help of above mentioned tools you can set up automated scheduled inventory updates between different systems and channels. Besides, they payment for the extensions is one-time and there are various editions for businesses of different sizes + free 2-week trial with free support team. 

Hello,

I was looking into the store manager for magento desktop program. My question regarding this: I didnt see an inventory and purchase order part built into the program. So would i use quickbooks desktop in this model for the inventory control and purchase orders?

Thank you for your help in advance

Hello,

I had a question, and maybe i just dont know. You mentioned that Magento can be costly to keep alive. But i just thought that if i buy a program or an extension and i paid the developer to install the extension (which includes fixing bugs) that i just had to build the site. 

I know Magento is pretty intensive compared to things like shopify, but i have followed the manual (i printed the whole thing), and while its hard, i can follow instructions.

Can you explain why their are costs to "keep a Magento site alive" after it is built?

Thank you in advance for you help

Hi Keith,

I will give you an example: considering owning a Corvette. You bought a Corvette (Magento), bought a new audio system for it (bought an extension). But you still need:

1. Tons of gas.

2. Change oil and you can't use just an oil you need a special oil.

3. Change tires. Again you need special tires.

4. You need to wash the thing. I bet they would charge you 2x to wash a Corvette.

...list goes on...

That is what I mean when I say it is costly to keep Magento alive. As with every complex system (set aside an open source system) things break. With Magento a simple change could take forever. Take for example how much things you need to change if you want to make Magento 2 billing and shipping address the same on the checkout https://www.goivvy.com/blog/magento-2-billing-shipping-same.

I hope I cleared the confusion.