cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict specific payment method for certain customers

Restrict specific payment method for certain customers

Hi there,

i´m trying to find a solution/ extension for my problem. I want to block certain customers just for e. g. order purchase so that the customer can still uses the other payment options. I don´t want to restrict the payment options for customer groups just for some customers (guests by email?) who are unwilling to pay their bills or haven´t paid yet and still want to order more. Some sort of blacklist.

I found this extension but i´m not sure if it solves my problem:

https://github.com/riconeitzel/PaymentFilter

We are using Magento 1.9.2.4

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Restrict specific payment method for certain customers

That extension looks like the right way forward. I've used it before for customer groups but it advertises support for blocking particular customers as well. The developers are very well known within the community so you should be safe! I think it's provided as-is so you're unlikely to get support from them if you do run into any problems. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom, 

thank you for your response. Is it possible to block for e. g. order purchase for one customer and let him use all other payment options?

It looks like it from the description of the extension. Best thing to do is try it out. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi @romaskellermann

In case you need to try some more extension to achieve what you need, you can check out this one https://amasty.com/payment-restrictions.html

There is an option to restrict payment method by different customer attributes, so it might help you with the task you need to complete.

Hope that helps!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi there,

I think this one suits perfectly for you: Magento 2 Payment Restriction extension from BSS Commerce. This extension not only restricts payment methods for different customers but also restricts shipping methods for each customer group.

It also:

• Work well with default Magento payment method by customer group functions;
  • Compatible with integrated payment methods like Braintree and iDEAL & Giropay via Stripe;
  • Work well with B2B magento stores

Hope this is useful to you! 

Regards,

James Hoang