cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send vendor a mail when product is purchased (dropship)

SOLVED

Send vendor a mail when product is purchased (dropship)

Hi,

I have tried searching for an app that is able to send a mail to vendor when the customer creates an order with e.g. 7 items.

The mail itself should be selected from the normal mailtemplates.

In my case I only have one vendor which should receive all orders, pack and send them.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

I have seen several dropship apps, but I can't clarify whether either of them serve this purpose.

NOTE:

When I was working in Magento 1.x I had the product "Product Ordered Emails" which served the purpose perfectly fine.

https://www.micosolutions.com/product-ordered-emails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Send vendor a mail when product is purchased (dropship)

@kennethgv ,

if you have a multi-vendor module installed then there must be a configuration for order-emails 

if not then you need to install or implement the same. 

if you just want to send an email to the product's vendor then you can add an attribute for that and implement an observer in which you can code to get the vendor's email from the product's attribute and send a custom email.

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@kennethgv ,

if you have a multi-vendor module installed then there must be a configuration for order-emails 

if not then you need to install or implement the same. 

if you just want to send an email to the product's vendor then you can add an attribute for that and implement an observer in which you can code to get the vendor's email from the product's attribute and send a custom email.

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos Smiley Happy 

Hi @amitsamsukha,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have just used a few hours on looking at multi-vendor apps, but can't find one that serves the specific purpose, would you be able to recommend one?

If I have to code, then I'll need to pay someone of in order to do it, which is why I prefer to buy a module instead.

Thank you for your recommendations.

The are to complex for my need, so I'll find someone at Fiverr and get them to develop the small adjustment for me.