cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock when selling products in packs with different numbers

SOLVED

Stock when selling products in packs with different numbers

I'm looking for an extention to help me with keeping stock. Here's my problem:

I'm selling rhinestones. I buy them in packs of 1440 pcs, and sell them in smaller packs - 100, 720 or 1440 pcs. So each color is a configurable product with 3 associated products - 100, 720 and 1440 pcs. 

I'm looking for an extension that can handle this in relation to stocks. If I have one pack of 1440 stones, and I sell one pack of 100, I need this to be registered in my stock and the system should know that now I can't sell the 1440 pcs variant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Stock when selling products in packs with different numbers

Hi,

The best way I can think of doing this with default functionality is:

• Create one product for your Rhinestones... with the stock quantity you have.. e.g lets say 1440
  • Create a bundle product for EACH stock size variant, so "Bundle 1 - 100, Bundle 2 - 720, Bundle 3 - 1440
  • Associated one product to each bundle - which is the simple product you just created.. if you create it as radio button, change user defined qty to no, and ensure 'default' is checked, enter your quantity amount - then the user cannot change the quantitys.
  • Also make sure you set is required to yes for this item.

You might need to do a little bit of styling from a usability point of view; but functionally this should do what you want.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

The best way I can think of doing this with default functionality is:

• Create one product for your Rhinestones... with the stock quantity you have.. e.g lets say 1440
  • Create a bundle product for EACH stock size variant, so "Bundle 1 - 100, Bundle 2 - 720, Bundle 3 - 1440
  • Associated one product to each bundle - which is the simple product you just created.. if you create it as radio button, change user defined qty to no, and ensure 'default' is checked, enter your quantity amount - then the user cannot change the quantitys.
  • Also make sure you set is required to yes for this item.

You might need to do a little bit of styling from a usability point of view; but functionally this should do what you want.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thank you very much. I've never tried working with bundled products before, but I will try this suggestions. 

hi

how would this scenario work if it was a variable product. EG

Product A has 5 childs A.1 / A.2 / A.3 etc

each child can be sold in singles or in packs (sometimes pack 2 / pack 3 / pack 4 / pack 5)

ideally each product (if pack 4) could be bought in individually / in two / in three / pack 4

each multiple of single would be n x single price / pack 4 in this example would be discounted

im at a loss how to manage this, and help will be appreciated

Nick